Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Blues

Every time a friend or family member has a baby, I am so excited for them! Every baby is such a special blessing from God. But inside, selfishly, there is a feeling of sadness, wanting, and even a little bit of envy. It's not that I am not happy for that person, because I am more happy for them than words could express....it's a feeling of wanting and longing for another baby for myself.

Chris would say "she's crazy! she has 4 boys and she wants another baby?!" But I honestly do and I think mom's have that instinct or feeling, I don't know what you call it, but you can just feel that you are either done having babies or you aren't....and I don't feel like I (we) :) are!! I have always, since way before Chris and I were married, wanted to adopted. Well, 2 pregnancies and 4 BOYS later, now I'm thinking adoption sounds even better than it did back then!! Maybe if we adopt, we can have a little more say in the sex of the child!! I would love to have a little girl!!

Tonight I am so very, very happy for a friend of mine and her family as they just welcomed their 4th beautiful little girl! But as I said before, it has brought about these "baby blues" feelings for me....I need a baby fix!! :) Maybe I will go next door and ask if I can hold the neighbor's little baby girl....9:45 at night is not too late for that kind of thing right?! :)

Here are some pictures of my "babies"...

Camden 2 years ago

Braeden 2 years ago

Me with my 4 year old "babies"

Kyler & Carsten on their birthday 9-12-09

...and Kyler & Carsten now

Time is flying by and I only wish I could slow it down so I could take in every moment with my boys!!

No comments: