Wednesday, April 13, 2011

10 Years Together


Chris and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on April 7th!! I cannot believe that we have been married 10 years already, time really does fly by! I have to say the last 10 years have been filled with so much joy, happiness, fun, adventure, and love!! They have also been 10 years of growing, maturing, heartache and tears, but through everything we have been through, the good and bad, there is nobody I would rather share my life with than Chris!! He is truly God's perfect gift to me....he is everything I am not and he daily makes me a better person. I don't know where I would be without him and after 10 years I still get excited when he calls me on the phone and every day I can't wait for him to come home from work! He is my best friend and I can't picture my life for a day without him in it!! So here is to another 10 years and many, many more after that!! I love you Chris and I'm so glad that we didn't listen to everyone when they told us we were too young to be in love or that we would never make it!! You are my everything and I am so blessed to share my life with you....can't wait to grow old and wrinkly with you!! :)


And now for a couple of anniversary poems!


I love you for your thoughtfulness
Your understanding way
And for the countless little things
You do for me each day
I love you for the hopes and dreams
You've helped to make come true
But most of all I love you,
Just for being you


I love the one above and it is so true...however, the following are much more "us"! :)


After (10 ) years
in this sacred institution of marriage,
I can safely say: there's no one with whom
I would rather be institutionalized!


Happy Anniversary to the one
I'll always want, even when I'm
too old to remember what I'm
supposed to want you for.


I Still Love You
The dog threw up.
The kids are ill.
Our bank account
Is almost nil.

The laundry’s
Stacked up in a pile,
And still I know
I have to smile.

Although our life
Might look like blight,
I get to be
With you each night.

It may be tough,
That much is true,
But still I love
My life with you.

Happy Anniversary!

by Denise Rodgers

Copyright© Denise Rodgers

All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

heidi said...

Hey! Your blog is back! WooHoo! Congratulations again on 10 years! What a very special celebration... and you still sound like young bride in the way you describe your love! That's so sweet:)

Calds and Nico said...

Awe so adorable! Congrats!